Other BL Games?

Share your thoughts and feedback on Sentimental Trickster!
Roymaeda
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Re: Other BL Games?

Postby Roymaeda » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:33 pm

Saw it on Kickstarter and tumblur. Its a visual dating novel with a focus on massage. Played the demo a while back and I liked it plenty. I'd encourage it be checked out if that sounds appealing to you. I'm always a sucker for BL games.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/51 ... =user_menu
Odin " My darkness was darker than yours!".

SentimentalTrickster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SentimentalTrickster » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:23 pm

Roymaeda wrote:Saw it on Kickstarter and tumblur. Its a visual dating novel with a focus on massage. Played the demo a while back and I liked it plenty. I'd encourage it be checked out if that sounds appealing to you. I'm always a sucker for BL games.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/51 ... =user_menu

It looks very professional. I've heard of Black Monkey. Looked up their games and it seems they started a couple of years ago. Very impressive :) They're pretty famous, to be funded in 2 days, awesome. I can only hope for that recognition after I've released a couple of games in the future^^
"There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English into sanity.”
― Jim Butcher, Changes

Roymaeda
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby Roymaeda » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:58 am

Everyone has a starting point. Just give it time and follow your passion and I'm sure you'll make it there. I'd encourage people to check it out if it appeals to them. Just worry about each project at a time. Anyone else know about any new or different BL or yaoi right now?
Odin " My darkness was darker than yours!".

camneliops80
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby camneliops80 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:01 am

Actually, yes! Here is a lovely little game that just came out on Kickstarter: Who We Are Now!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sp ... visual-nov

Highlights:

post-apocalyptic story, but not quite what you'd expect
    written by a gay man
    diverse cast
    warm, gorgeous art
    music samples further down the Kickstarter page

Their goal is very modest (and one of the stretch goals is a potential extra love interest)!

Bellannmae
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby Bellannmae » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:22 pm

Oh! Yeah, I played the demo for that game a little while back! I didn't know they had a kickstarter set up. The demo is really well done, so I think the full game will be well worth it. :)

Zelan

Postby Zelan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:08 pm

Chess of Blades is another one up on KS. They're down to 7 days remaining and still need $8,000 to get fully funded. It's a bit of a long shot now, but the game looks cool. And it's by the same person who made Requiescence, if anyone's familiar with that one. (I have it on Steam but I haven't played it yet.)

ChaosMorning
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby ChaosMorning » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:23 am

I backed Chess of Blades and in a recent update they told backers that even if they don't get funded, they will still make the game. It'll just be slated for release later on instead. They might try a smaller campaign, a patreon, or something else to help pay for the project.

SentimentalTrickster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SentimentalTrickster » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:58 am

ChaosMorning wrote:I backed Chess of Blades and in a recent update they told backers that even if they don't get funded, they will still make the game. It'll just be slated for release later on instead. They might try a smaller campaign, a patreon, or something else to help pay for the project.

Oh, this if great! There should definitely be more BL games out there :)

And I found something interesting. It's called Your Royal Gayness. You're a gay prince and you have to avoid marrying a princess. I don't really like the graphics, but the idea seems awesome :D Too bad their demo button doesn't seem to work.
"There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English into sanity.”
― Jim Butcher, Changes

PyrrhaIphis
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby PyrrhaIphis » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:09 pm

SentimentalTrickster wrote:And I found something interesting. It's called Your Royal Gayness. You're a gay prince and you have to avoid marrying a princess. I don't really like the graphics, but the idea seems awesome :D Too bad their demo button doesn't seem to work.

I backed this one, too; it looks like a lot of fun. It's odd that their demo button isn't working anymore; it was when I backed the project. The demo's on itch.io: https://aviala.itch.io/your-royal-gayness-demo

It's not so much a visual novel as a...I'm not even sure what. :P But it's cute and entertaining. :) (And they only need $300 more, so hopefully it's going to be funded!)

Return to “Game Discussion”