Dress the guys! ~Second outfits~

Regular updates on the game progress.
SentimentalTrickster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dress the guys! ~Second outfits~

Postby SentimentalTrickster » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 pm

Hello and Happy New Year :)

Our 2D artist is working hard to color the backgrounds, so I also need to step it up! I'm feeling much better now, so I can get to more "heavy" work, including designing the additional outfits. We will also have a survey concerning the plot soon, but for now let's focus on dressing the guys! I've found some clothes sets and I'm very curious about your opinion. Of course if you have an idea how the guys should look, feel free to post the photos here as well. After some time I'll draw sketches and we will have an official survey to decide on the second outfits :)

HARU - yeah, I know, hoodies again. But they suit him so well! If you have an idea on how to dress him, please let me know~

SHINYA - elegant and sleek as usual. I have a pretty solid idea what I want here.

KANAE - cool and trendy (which is surprisingly difficult to find when you know nothing about fashion :D).

SOICHIRO - Sweaters! He was supposed to wear one in the initial design, so I definitely want a sweater. The question is, what kind?

JIN - a little bit over the top, party/punk fashion, like his first outfit. I'm still looking for something suitable for him.
"There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English into sanity.”
― Jim Butcher, Changes

Roymaeda
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Re: Dress the guys! ~Second outfits~

Postby Roymaeda » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:54 pm

Jin totally has the punk/street look going for him, maybe something a little worn that was maybe second hand or just damaged in a street fight or something Then for Soichiro sweater do seem like a nice fit I kinda like the last one since it seems so casual and approachable. I agree that cool and trendy is hard to figure what that is at a given time but that is what Kanae would be wearing. Then Shinya sleek and elegant without being showy in a model kind of way like Kanae seems good. Assuming Kanae is a model he kind of be wearing whatever is in where as Shinya does not seem likes he is trying to please anybody. maybe he would say something like I dress like this because thats the standard I set for myself or something like that.
Odin " My darkness was darker than yours!".

camneliops80
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby camneliops80 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:26 pm

I'm liking the references so far! :D

My suggestions:

Kanae/Shinya/Jin = houndstooth-print shirt or jacket (depends whether you see the pattern as more classy or more trendy)
    Kanae = long-sleeved white, black, or red shirt with floral-print sleeves (the right floral pattern can turn it from cutesy to chic!)
    Shinya = dark purple button-up shirt, maybe with grey cuffs & collar?; dusty rose shirt or necktie
    Soichiro = cable knit sweater (butter yellow, mustard yellow, cream, aloe green?), especially one with a cowl neck!
    Jin = t-shirt with a bold graphic print or asymmetrical pattern, maybe something to do with either surfing/waves (if he likes the beach, that is) or rock concerts; leather jacket??; something with a zigzag pattern

I can try and hunt up some pictures if you'd like. Just let me know!

EDIT: Oh butts, I forgot about Haru! I really like the idea of a sleeveless hoodie for him, like in the photos, especially with a long-sleeved shirt under it. I feel like he might also look good in something with bold, thick stripes, or a shirt that buttons/zippers on the side rather than in the middle, kind of like this:

SentimentalTrickster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SentimentalTrickster » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Roymaeda wrote:Jin totally has the punk/street look going for him, maybe something a little worn that was maybe second hand or just damaged in a street fight or something Then for Soichiro sweater do seem like a nice fit I kinda like the last one since it seems so casual and approachable. I agree that cool and trendy is hard to figure what that is at a given time but that is what Kanae would be wearing. Then Shinya sleek and elegant without being showy in a model kind of way like Kanae seems good. Assuming Kanae is a model he kind of be wearing whatever is in where as Shinya does not seem likes he is trying to please anybody. maybe he would say something like I dress like this because thats the standard I set for myself or something like that.

I think Jin's leather jacket can be a little worn out, it will actually fit his story perfectly, thank you! I drew a sketch of Soichiro wearing the last sweater, I hope you like it :) And Shinya definitely doesn't care about his housemates' opinion haha.

camneliops80 wrote:
    Kanae/Shinya/Jin = houndstooth-print shirt or jacket (depends whether you see the pattern as more classy or more trendy)
    Kanae = long-sleeved white, black, or red shirt with floral-print sleeves (the right floral pattern can turn it from cutesy to chic!)
    Shinya = dark purple button-up shirt, maybe with grey cuffs & collar?; dusty rose shirt or necktie
    Soichiro = cable knit sweater (butter yellow, mustard yellow, cream, aloe green?), especially one with a cowl neck!
    Jin = t-shirt with a bold graphic print or asymmetrical pattern, maybe something to do with either surfing/waves (if he likes the beach, that is) or rock concerts; leather jacket??; something with a zigzag pattern

I can try and hunt up some pictures if you'd like. Just let me know!

EDIT: Oh butts, I forgot about Haru! I really like the idea of a sleeveless hoodie for him, like in the photos, especially with a long-sleeved shirt under it. I feel like he might also look good in something with bold, thick stripes, or a shirt that buttons/zippers on the side rather than in the middle, kind of like this:

Thank you for all these suggestions, Cam! I really like the idea of floral print for Kanae, I found a reference (put it above) and drew him. Good colors for Shinya, I'll take them into account when coloring! I also drew Soichiro in cable-knit, what do you think? And Jin in a leather jacket^^ Haru's wearing what you've suggested as well :) If you come across some cool clothes (especially for Haru), I'd be happy to take a look!

Sketches of clothes on revised sprites! I made their bodies a little bit bigger and changed the eyes a little bit. I hope they look all right!

"There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English into sanity.”
― Jim Butcher, Changes

camneliops80
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby camneliops80 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:41 pm

*flailing* Oh my god they all look SO HOT!!! :oops: I love the new sprites, and wouldn't change a thing about them.

Thank you for considering my suggestions! :D I think Haru looks really good in the sleeveless hoodie. Jin is rockin' that leather jacket, and Soichiro looks so good in both sweaters, I'm not sure if I can decide! >_< Kanae's very fashionable, and I absolutely LOVE that new shirt with the floral cuffs. Man, it's just so ~*pretty*~. And finally, all the Shinyas are quite handsome, but my favorite is the one in the middle. I love the combo of necktie + pushed-up sleeves!

Honestly, I'm not sure what else I could suggest, since I think what you've drawn is already perfect the way it is. If you need a hand with looking up colors/patterns/graphics for the clothes, just let me know!

SentimentalTrickster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SentimentalTrickster » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:09 pm

camneliops80 wrote:*flailing* Oh my god they all look SO HOT!!! :oops: I love the new sprites, and wouldn't change a thing about them.

Thank you for considering my suggestions! :D I think Haru looks really good in the sleeveless hoodie. Jin is rockin' that leather jacket, and Soichiro looks so good in both sweaters, I'm not sure if I can decide! >_< Kanae's very fashionable, and I absolutely LOVE that new shirt with the floral cuffs. Man, it's just so ~*pretty*~. And finally, all the Shinyas are quite handsome, but my favorite is the one in the middle. I love the combo of necktie + pushed-up sleeves!

Honestly, I'm not sure what else I could suggest, since I think what you've drawn is already perfect the way it is. If you need a hand with looking up colors/patterns/graphics for the clothes, just let me know!

Yay, I'm so glad you like them! I think the guys look awesome in the clothes you suggested^^ And I also like the second outfit for Shinya the most. I'll definitely let you know if I'm stuck with something! Maybe you have an idea for a T-shirt pattern for Haru for the picture below?

New clothes for Haru (I included the previous set for easy comparison):

― Jim Butcher, Changes

camneliops80
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby camneliops80 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:44 am

SentimentalTrickster wrote:Maybe you have an idea for a T-shirt pattern for Haru for the picture below?

New clothes for Haru (I included the previous set for easy comparison):

I will apologize in advance, because I found a BUNCH of t-shirts I thought looked neat. Not sure which feel the most "Haru" to you, but maybe these will help give you some ideas?

https://www.redbubble.com/people/orce/works/23283821-pineapples-and-triangles?grid_pos=20&p=mens-graphic-t-shirt
https://www.redbubble.com/people/nadinosaur8/works/22536030-neon-sunset?grid_pos=58&p=mens-graphic-t-shirt
https://www.redbubble.com/people/carlhuber/works/24302971-twin-peaks-black-lodge-floor-black-white-red?grid_pos=77&p=mens-graphic-t-shirt

SentimentalTrickster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SentimentalTrickster » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:05 pm

camneliops80 wrote:I will apologize in advance, because I found a BUNCH of t-shirts I thought looked neat. Not sure which feel the most "Haru" to you, but maybe these will help give you some ideas?

These are awesome! Thank you so much for taking the time to find them :) I think my favorite are the last one and third from the end.
― Jim Butcher, Changes

helizabeta
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby helizabeta » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:22 pm

About the pattern of the shirt(s), I feel that you can put some bad English for the lols xDD

Try typing "Bad english shirts" in the search bar or just click here: https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=no+thank+you+game&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=638&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi0uOufw7_RAhUEpI8KHREKA3IQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=bad+english+shirts
Image Image

SentimentalTrickster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SentimentalTrickster » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:14 pm

helizabeta wrote:About the pattern of the shirt(s), I feel that you can put some bad English for the lols xDD

Try typing "Bad english shirts" in the search bar or just click here: https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=no+thank+you+game&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=638&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi0uOufw7_RAhUEpI8KHREKA3IQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=bad+english+shirts

Ooh, cool idea, I'll need to choose something especially bad :D
― Jim Butcher, Changes

Return to “Game Updates”