Let's talk about sex, baby / Let's talk about you and me

Share your thoughts and feedback on Sentimental Trickster!
camneliops80
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Re: Let's talk about sex, baby / Let's talk about you and me

Postby camneliops80 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:30 pm

I can't imagine ever wanting to know about my parents' sex lives, but as long as you're comfortable discussing such things with her (and she wasn't bringing it up when you were a young kid), then more power to you.

SentimentalTrickster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SentimentalTrickster » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:58 pm

AndyFord wrote://I just realized that statement might sound weird to you guys... my stepmom and I like to be completely open to each other about everything and not be afraid to talk even about the most sensitive of subjects, so we will talk about things like who I like and dad's whip collection every now and then. Most people I know always seem to think that it's weird that I'm so chill about it.//

I think it's great that your relationship is so open :) I have a terrific relationship with my mom as well (my dad lives in Vienna and I don't contact him) although we seldom talk about sex. I remember I asked her about her relationship with dad when I started mine, but talking about my dad is generally a painful subject for us both, so it was a short conversation.

Also, whether Haru will be an exclusive bottom or he'll have the option to top someone, I still haven't decided. I'll keep your opinions in mind though, so thank you for expressing them! I guess it will come naturally during writing^^
"There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English into sanity.”
― Jim Butcher, Changes

Roymaeda
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby Roymaeda » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:11 am

open relationships like that are great. I'm still not at that point with a relationship at all so yeah... There was the time my dad's ex wife thought I was him since i got his cell phone and yeah awkward. just letting the top/bottom issue take care itself seems like the most "natural" route to go.
Odin " My darkness was darker than yours!".

Roymaeda
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby Roymaeda » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:33 pm

Merry x-mas or whatever is celebrated. Anyone else curious how far the romance will go and just what we would be allowed to do? Just seemed like a question to ask.
Odin " My darkness was darker than yours!".

SentimentalTrickster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SentimentalTrickster » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:09 pm

Roymaeda wrote:Merry x-mas or whatever is celebrated. Anyone else curious how far the romance will go and just what we would be allowed to do? Just seemed like a question to ask.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you too! I'm also curious about your predictions^^
"There is, I think, humor here which does not translate well from English into sanity.”
― Jim Butcher, Changes

camneliops80
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby camneliops80 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:24 am

Well, we've definitely seen some nudity in the sample CGs, so I'm hoping there will be more where that came from. I'm cool with either explicit or censored sex scenes, but I'd prefer explicit if possible. <3

Hope everyone has been having a good holiday season, however you choose to celebrate it!

ChaosMorning
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby ChaosMorning » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:51 am

Well, the kickstarter listed nitro+ and its games as a major influence, yeah? (I imagine that when it said 'Lighter' it meant less gore, death, and disturbing themes included in nitro's games) And their games have very explicit sex scenes and CGs, so here's hoping, yeah?

EpicUsername

Postby EpicUsername » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:53 am

I created an account just to write this lmao.
I'm a guy. A gay one at that, so of course I have a different outlook on how I like my BL compared to any other fujoshi. Not saying that all girls like bigger seme and smaller uke cause there are definitely ones that like it the other way around and of course men who like it the more 'typical' way.

But for me, I would love more than anything else for Haru to be an exclusive top to all the guys lol...but that's just me and my preference. Obviously as someone who always prefers the Uke to be taller, more well built, and older and the seme to be shorter and younger, I'm the minority here :cry: since the majority of the BL community prefer a more girly uke and manly seme.

You can imagine how amazingly excited I was when No, Thank You!!! came out lol. Before that game, I really only liked Hadaka Shitsuji and never cared for any of the Nitro+Chiral games. NTY took the place of being my absolute favorite BL visual novel ever and dear lord I will forever be in debt for whoever created Maki and Pops and made them exclusive bara daddy ukes :lol:

Personally, and obviously, I say make Haru an exclusive semeeeeee (He even shares the same name with the NTY protag!) just because there's already SOOOO many other BL VNs and just yaoi content in general (at least, content that isn't straight up bara, which I do like too) and even upcoming indie created BL VNs where the seme and uke are the stereotypical 'one is taller, older, and more dominant than the other' trope, so it's not like if this game were different it'd be a huge blow to that kind of preference.

But alas, that's not how the real world works and most gay men aren't exclusively tops or bottoms, so of course to appeal to everyone, the best route would be to give the option to choose with all 4. Even though it'd take more time and cost more money, I think it'd be worth it to make it the best quality game possible. Or, if there are multiple sex scenes, have one where they top and another where they bottom.

I REALLY want to enjoy this game and would happily give my money to support it if this were the case, cause it means you as the creator really care for your customers and audiences of all varieties but I do understand that money and budgets are a thing too :lol: So if you do go by the route of having some characters be seme and other's be uke PLEASE I'm BEGGING you don't make Jin and Soichiro the semes and Kanae and Shinya the ukes. That would just further perpetuate the stereotype that 'the manlier you look, the more likely you are the top' and if it were the other way around it would help so much to recognize this side of the community.

BUT I do respect that this is your game and you should do whatever makes you happy with your product. I am by no means saying you are anything less than an awesome and dedicated person for coming this far in your game and congradulate you for all of your accomplishments!

TL;DR Please please please, I just really really really want Soichiro to be an uke >.< lol

PyrrhaIphis
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby PyrrhaIphis » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:01 pm

EpicUsername wrote:I'm a guy. A gay one at that, so of course I have a different outlook on how I like my BL compared to any other fujoshi. Not saying that all girls like bigger seme and smaller uke cause there are definitely ones that like it the other way around and of course men who like it the more 'typical' way.

I'm asexual and aromantic in real life, but I adore a good love story (or sex scene) in fiction. (Which I realize doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but...) At the moment, I prefer same-sex to heterosexual relationships in fiction, but not exclusively (and not exclusively m/m; I also like f/f), so I'm not exactly a fujoshi, and I'm coming from a slightly different place than most other people who play this kind of game. Personally, I don't like pigeonholing someone into any role, especially not based on their physical type. (And the more I hear them, the more I'm starting to dislike the terms "seme" and "uke". They have so much extra baggage...)

EpicUsername wrote:But for me, I would love more than anything else for Haru to be an exclusive top to all the guys lol...but that's just me and my preference. Obviously as someone who always prefers the Uke to be taller, more well built, and older and the seme to be shorter and younger, I'm the minority here :cry: since the majority of the BL community prefer a more girly uke and manly seme.

Personally, and obviously, I say make Haru an exclusive semeeeeee (He even shares the same name with the NTY protag!) just because there's already SOOOO many other BL VNs and just yaoi content in general (at least, content that isn't straight up bara, which I do like too) and even upcoming indie created BL VNs where the seme and uke are the stereotypical 'one is taller, older, and more dominant than the other' trope, so it's not like if this game were different it'd be a huge blow to that kind of preference.

But alas, that's not how the real world works and most gay men aren't exclusively tops or bottoms, so of course to appeal to everyone, the best route would be to give the option to choose with all 4. Even though it'd take more time and cost more money, I think it'd be worth it to make it the best quality game possible. Or, if there are multiple sex scenes, have one where they top and another where they bottom.

I agree that it would be awesome if we could pick each time. Another option (and one that wouldn't require making so many extra CGs) would be maybe to have some of the sex scenes be things like 69s, where there's no "top" or "bottom" involved.

EpicUsername wrote:So if you do go by the route of having some characters be seme and other's be uke PLEASE I'm BEGGING you don't make Jin and Soichiro the semes and Kanae and Shinya the ukes. That would just further perpetuate the stereotype that 'the manlier you look, the more likely you are the top' and if it were the other way around it would help so much to recognize this side of the community.

TL;DR Please please please, I just really really really want Soichiro to be an uke >.< lol

I totally agree with this. :D

Even if the sex scenes end up putting some characters into exclusively one role or the other, at least having some dialog making it clear that they're not always in that role would help.

SentimentalTrickster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SentimentalTrickster » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:00 pm

EpicUsername wrote:But alas, that's not how the real world works and most gay men aren't exclusively tops or bottoms, so of course to appeal to everyone, the best route would be to give the option to choose with all 4. Even though it'd take more time and cost more money, I think it'd be worth it to make it the best quality game possible.

You're right. At first, I thought that making Haru top with everyone wouldn't appeal to me, but I've been drawing sex CGs recently and it's been surprisingly fun to make everyone switch roles. It'll be a challenge to write, but I think I can manage it. You can check out Haru x Soichiro in the game CGs thread^^
― Jim Butcher, Changes

Return to “Game Discussion”