Let's talk about sex, baby / Let's talk about you and me

Share your thoughts and feedback on Sentimental Trickster!
ChaosMorning
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Let's talk about sex, baby / Let's talk about you and me

Postby ChaosMorning » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:21 am

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydrtF45-y-g

But really, I know why you filthy sinners are here, and you know why I, a filthy sinner, am here. Sure, it might not be the entire reason for having an interest in Sentimental Trickster (tbh, I'm interested in almost any queer game), but let's not pretend that that the possible R rating didn't pique our interest too. I mean, there was also the fact it's inspired by Nitro+ games, but the reason I checked out DmmD was because it was supposed to be dark and have lots of sex.

So yeah.

I want to start this conversation off by asking a question:

Do you want options for Haru to be able to top and/or bottom?

A lot of BL games have their protagonists as strict bottoms: Aoba in DMMD, the protagonist of the recent Requiesence, Enzai's protagonist [mostly], and... wow, y'know what, just a lot of them. Do you want the option to be able to, pardon the pun, switch that up?

No Thank You was a relatively recent VN that had a protagonist that was, I believe, exclusively a top. That was a refreshing change, but I think I prefer it when there's either the option in game (based on dialogue choices and whatnot) to see who ends up in what role. Coming Out on Top featured this to a great extent, but it also had a huge budget. Like, outrageously large. So maybe for ST, some routes should see Haru top, and others have him bottom?

Justyna and I spoke about the idea of Shinya actually being the bottom in his and Haru's route, aand I found that funny because I know it'd be hilarious to see his face, and because it adds to my interest in bullying a hipster (and why wouldn't I want to bully him about being such a bottom?).

AndyFord
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Re: Let's talk about sex, baby / Let's talk about you and me

Postby AndyFord » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:03 am

Honestly, my dream is there to be a couple that has competitions to decide their positions that night ("Black Jack tonight. Best two out of three gets to be on top." "You're on!"), but, of what we know of the characters so far, that's probably not going to happen. XD

I do think I would prefer it if Haru's position changed depending on who he is with. I definitely think it would be cute if Ouchi-san tried to be on top in the beggining but Haru kept on topping him in the end. :lol:

xxx_ryuzaki_xxx
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby xxx_ryuzaki_xxx » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:00 pm

I'd quite love to have the option to choose. I like characters that are versatile. Why has the char to be always bottom or always top? Even if on is more dominant than the other, I think everyone should take the other side from time to time. So yea, I would vote for a chance to choose.

helizabeta
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby helizabeta » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:03 pm

Likewise, I think it depends on the characters? I feel that Haru doesn't have to be top/bottom all the time? Maybe for one route he's top/bottom all the way, and another route the both of them can be either?
Still, it's up to the creator's judgement. =3=
Image Image

camneliops80
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby camneliops80 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:16 pm

ChaosMorning wrote:Do you want options for Haru to be able to top and/or bottom?

YES.

In a perfect world, what I'd want most of all is to have the option to choose for each love interest, but I know that requires a *lot* more writing and art. For a compromise, I would be very happy with Haru switching it up depending on who he's with-- meaning, maybe two of the love interests are exclusively bottoms and two are exclusively tops for the entire game, for example, or maybe two of the routes feature Haru and the love interest switching, and in the other two routes, Haru is exclusively a top or bottom.

Roymaeda
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby Roymaeda » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:19 am

This is the kind of thing I wished was addressed even slightly in dragon age. First person i romanced was the male exclusive LI Dorian and I thought this would come up but it didn't. With another Romanticism partner it is but struck me as odd. In a perfect world Haru would be able to do ether but having two be tops and the other be bottoms is fine compromise. Or maybe topping or bottom depending on the scene. sometimes you want to be in charge so to speak and other times not so much.
Odin " My darkness was darker than yours!".

ChaosMorning
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby ChaosMorning » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:36 am

Roymaeda wrote:This is the kind of thing I wished was addressed even slightly in dragon age. First person i romanced was the male exclusive LI Dorian and I thought this would come up but it didn't.

The sex scenes in Dragon Age tend not to be too explicit, so I think it's fair to see why it never came up. The dialogue is ambiguous enough that I think you could imagine Dorian or the Inquisitor in either position (despite the fandom often painting him as a complete bottom).

Roymaeda
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby Roymaeda » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:25 pm

Fair enough, but they pretty much imply who is who should Dorian and bull romance if nether are picked. Just seems weird to be ambiguous in one situation than give or at least imply an answer in separate situation. I also need to check out No thank you at some point.
Odin " My darkness was darker than yours!".

ChaosMorning
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby ChaosMorning » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:46 pm

That is a very fair point, and in Bull's own romance, regardless of the Inquisitor's gender, he makes it clear that he prefers to be dominant, and judging by a later scene where he says that you've been the one 'taking it,' he prefers to exclusively top.

So I guess Dragon Age has kinda handled it then? There was a conversation option where the Inquisitor could express interest in being dominant, but Bull doesn't seem interested in being the more submissive partner, given his reply.

PyrrhaIphis
SuperBacker
SuperBacker

Postby PyrrhaIphis » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:16 pm

AndyFord wrote:Honestly, my dream is there to be a couple that has competitions to decide their positions that night ("Black Jack tonight. Best two out of three gets to be on top." "You're on!"), but, of what we know of the characters so far, that's probably not going to happen. XD

I do think I would prefer it if Haru's position changed depending on who he is with. I definitely think it would be cute if Ouchi-san tried to be on top in the beggining but Haru kept on topping him in the end. :lol:

This.

Totally this.

Seriously, I really do agree that the top/bottom thing shouldn't be across the board. It should be situational, or at least dependent on the love interest in question.

Return to “Game Discussion”